Today, nations face unprecedented challenges triggered by rapid economic growth, societal change, globalisation, resource scarcity, and technology and military modernisation. While this is nothing new, it is occurring at a rate and scale not previously seen and is increasingly multi-dimensional ranging from:
- deterring and defeating attacks on national interests
- preventing, detecting and disrupting serious and organised crime
- promoting a secure international environment conducive to advancing national interests
- strengthening the resilience of our people, assets, infrastructure and institutions
- preserving our values and strategic alliances
- enabling our influence across regions and topics of national importance
To meet these challenges, we need new ways to coordinate and develop our capability and to shape the national security environment.
Having worked with almost all of the Governments’ defence, security, border management and law enforcement agencies, we represent a low-risk solution due to our solid understanding of these complex operating environments.
We offer a complete range of strategic advisory and integration services to deliver ‘end-to-end’ capabilities that are tailored to the unique challenges faced by Defence and law enforcement communities. These services include amongst others the relevant advice, better practice methodologies, technologies and managed services to support:
- Policy, governance and capability development
- Strategic options/Futures assessments complete with detailed business cases
- Community and infrastructure resilience and recovery
- International engagement
- Information security
- Establishment of multi-tenant secure solutions
Our deep expertise and experience are qualities that underpin our software and technology solutions, and the value we provide is based on the principles of building and preserving value for our clients. This is exemplified by:
- full accountability of the services provided
- a guarantee of delivering financial efficiencies and quality outcomes
- independence and objectivity from management consultants with recognised regional, national and international experience
- extremely low risk: we have worked regularly with national security organisations on highly sensitive project and security issues, and our service delivery standards exceeded expectations
- a commitment to our clients to be fully consultative and cooperative in all aspects of the consultancy service
- the highest standards of discretion expected from specialists who have been involved in working with Defence, law enforcement and national security organisations for over 20 years
- a demonstrated commitment to knowledge and skills transfer to our clients
SECURE ELECTRONIC RECORDS MANAGEMENT
SECURE CONTENT AND COLLABORATION
SECURE PROJECT & PROGRAM DELIVERY
Providing Trusted Services to Government
Australian Prime Minister John Howard announced in 2001 that Australia would have armed air marshals flying on Australian carriers in an anti-hijacking role and that they would be operational three months later.
Members of Citadel’s advisory team were contracted to establish the capability for Government including strategic issues and operational delivery of the program. Citadel had less than six weeks to have the capability deployed and was successful in delivering the program within the timeframes.
Citadel established multiple concurrent work teams and empowered them to develop innovative solutions for subsequent consideration and approval. Citadel received final Government authorisation to proceed on 24 December 2001 and ASOs flew for the first time on board Australian aircraft at 4.30pm.
In 2004, Qantas senior managers went before a Parliamentary Committee and stated on the record that “the Australian ASO program is without doubt the world’s best practice”.
Managing Complex Enterprise Information Environments
Our client went to market seeking a strategic partner to assist it with taking a new approach to information management through having a single system that contained or integrated with all other corporate information repositories. We provided complete design, security, implementation and sustainment managed service across several ICT networks with different security classifications.
Since commencement, our achievements include:
- Maintaining the high availability of legacy application platforms on the different ICT networks across the world with minimal outages
- Designing and building the application integrations between the client’s major information holding platforms
- Designing and developing a series of software tools to support users
- Undertaking data analysis, cleanse, migrations, scanning & digitisation, and data spills as part of moving to a single repository model
- Providing service desk to support to more than 35,000 users each day and 80,000 unique users per week
- Successfully managing over 500 million electronic objects and associated audit log events
- Exceeding all contracted KPIs since contract commencement and saving the client over $21.7 million
- Designing, building and project managing the rollout of new versions and releases across all environments, and integrating these with other enterprise systems
This engagement is provided as an end-to-end managed service solution and is understood to be the largest and most complex document and records management solution in the southern hemisphere.